Re: By Peter May, Globe Staff

I wouldn't blame the Celtics' players for believing we'll beat Detroit next
time they come to town. One lousy 4th quarter separates the Celtics from 4-1.
Now's the time to jump off the band wagon, folks.

I might be totally wrong again, but I don't think the Detroit Pistons are this
year's LA Clippers. In any case, Alvin Gentry (and also George Karl,  Larry
Bird) just seems to have Pitino's number, just as Pitino has shown he can beat
one of the least beatable team in the conference, Miami. It's just one of those
things.

In the end, the Celtics have to grow up and realize they are 100% responsible
for believing in themselves and their talent, even if Peter May leads the smug,
smarter-than-thou, cracker boy boos. They should realize that Peter May
probably doesn't know which direction to wear a jock strap, much less show
enough knowledge about basketball to coach in an intramural league for
children. He's a loser, and if the Celtics' players fall for that negativity
and self-doubt, they are also retards and deserve to lose. That's the bottom
line, John. The Celtics players pretty much all come from tough enough
backgrounds and should have the smarts to block this nonsense out.

--------