From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
opi@unesco.org
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 1999 3:45 AM
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: By Peter May, Globe Staff

    Below are excerpts of Peter May's snide, ridiculous coverage of last
night's game. He makes it sound like we lost to the Clippers or
something. I just don't understand why this guy continues to cover the
Celtics. With coverage like this, it's no wonder Boston fans are
becoming indifferent about the team.

-------------------

Pistons hit on all cylinders in first win
By Peter May, Globe Staff, 11/11/99

Expectations, even eight days into a six-month season, can be heavy.
Especially when you're not used to them. The Celtics of Rick Pitino
aren't accustomed to carrying such weight - even against a winless,
porous team like the Pistons - and it proved to be too much last night.

Er, make that the previously winless, previously porous Pistons. (ha,
ha)

The Pistons had what many teams will only wish for this season: time to
prepare for the Celtics (although Boston didn't press as much due to
injuries to Anderson and Calbert Cheaney).....