Re: Eric

It amazes me how these guys get through a high school, but even more so a
college career, without ever learning to shoot a 15 foot jump shot.  I
guess that often the college coach is more interested in winning with them
than teaching them basics they should have learned a long time ago.
Some players who come into the league do develop a shot, and because of it
they survive, or even thrive.  Karl Malone comes to mind, as does Julius
Erving, or even to some extent M.J.  I can't really think of any players
who came in and never developed a shot, and thus were pretty quickly out of
the league.  'Guess they were not around long enough to make an
impression.  Maybe Bruce Bowen might fit into that mold?  Or Harold Minor?

On a different note, I saw where Benign Benoit Benjamen was picked up by (I
thnk) the Sixers.  It's hard to imagine how good this guy could have been
if he only had a heart.  His lifetime numbers of around 10pts/10boards per
game is not to bad.  But oh what a waste!

Josh wrote