Re: Peter May (TSN): Celtics May Not Have A 2nd Round Pick

Greg,

I don't think anybody on this list has ever claimed to be a Celtics
"inside source." We get all our information from media sources and
if they are not interested in reporting something, we won't know.
The second round pick information is of that nature. It simply wasn't
important enough to report.

On other things such as the cap impact from Dino, it was correctly
reported by the media (at least eventually) that his buyout would
count against the cap for three years. Several people on the list
confirmed it but others reported their own incorrect interpretations
and version of events, which cluttered things. This is not the fault
of the entire list but rather the people who posted the wrong info.

As for trade speculation, we all know that it is not based in any
fact. It's usually based on our interpretation of Pitino's offhand
remarks and the rumors around the league which are often created by
morons such as Peter May, e.g. Lorenzen Wright and the #1 for Walker
and Anderson?! Makes me wonder whether May is on the Clippers payroll
or something. This trade is about the only way that the Clippers win
more games than the Celtics next year.

Alex

> No disrespect, sincerely to anyone on this list (because I haven't a clue on
 *this matter, that is why I have been so adamant about getting a straight answ
 *er) but when even the guy at the team office tells people on the phone (repor
 *ted by Way/Ray a few weeks) meaning he doesn't have a freaking clue, then whe
 *re do any of us get off thinking we know the true inside scoop regarding this
 * team.  Now at best we hope to have a LOW second round pick, that's not likel
 *y to help us much.

> Whether it is the amount cap impact from cutting Dino or what, when and where
 * the picks are this season, it is sad lot to imagine we all just sit around w
 *aiting for someone to rent us a clue.

> On this matter thanks to Tom Murphy and Way/Ray for having some interest, ins
 *ight and in Ray's case a drive to follow this matter through to this point.
 *It is critical and clearly some care more than others.

> Sorry to vent, but it is a sad day to realize as a dedicated fan, deep into t
 *he Celtic speak on the most educated place available (this list), outside the
 * brain trust themselves with the team, and I for one don't know much more tha
 *n squat.  It was clear the guy Way/Ray spoke to wasn't on the need to know li
 *st, while working for the team somewhere outside of the mailroom.