RE: Peter May (TSN): Celtics May Not Have A 2nd Round Pick

Alex said:
"I don't think anybody on this list has ever claimed to be a Celtics
"inside source." We get all our information from media sources and
if they are not interested in reporting something, we won't know.
The second round pick information is of that nature. It simply wasn't
important enough to report."

A couple people, with all due respect to anyone reading this, have very much
claimed to have inside information, whether it be from their interpretation
of published media reports, etc., and when asked to back up this info the
requests go nowhere (and by no means just from me).  My point of all this is
that we all to one degree or another can claim we know more than the average
fan on the street, because we are on this list (our education level has to
be higher) but also because there are likely few people (damn you, you
lurkers) who hang around here for long that are not pretty big fans of the
Boston Celtics, and therefore it frustrates me when some make this huge
argument over the "facts" as their sources reported aren't worth much.

Best case in point, about a year ago, the discussion on the Radja cap impact
got down and dirty, those few that claimed the salary did not impact the cap
were not wrong no matter what any other person told them, because they had
inside sources.  Now of course they were wrong and as the guy who told Ray
at the team offices a few weeks back about the draft status, even "inside"
sources frequently don't have a clue. Go figure.

It frustrates me when as a collective group, we can at best speculate at
what is potentially readily available information, "if only our sources
would confirm it".

And as for Jake not liking Stockton/Malone because they play dirty and
aren't "players" and whine, give me a break; they play within the rules as
dictated by the league, that clearly define what a player can get away based
on their experience and stature (The Jordan Rules), and as whether they are
players, granted they aren't going any where at their age, but did you watch
this game and the Friday game Jake, there have been few better players in
the game over the last decade.  They refused to lose.  Stockton is a stud
and Malone is only one step below, IMO, on a 100 point scale.  Is Stockton a
dirty player, define dirty and then realize he effectively took Jason
Williams out of the game, with play that was COMPLETELY allowed by the refs
(see The Jordan Rules).  Players know how to win and using the rules to your
advantage is given.  If you don't like this type of "player" how did you
hang on so long with the Celtics like Bird, McHale, Ainge and more recently
Walker.  There is a simple rule in life "you sometimes only get what you
want only when you ask for is or deserve it".  Stockton and Malone are
HOF'ers and a couple of the best to play together ever, I can only hope all
of you have actually seen them in person working there pick and roll magic.

The game is basketball in THE NBA, get used to it,
Greg