Re: Now the pressure's really on Rick.

> Massenberg, Knight, Mills, amongst others Duncan <didn't want to be
> drafted by the celtics>, Tim Hardaway and numerous others that I can't
> recall that have been posed this question. You don't have to belive me,
> in Pitino's first year when George Karl was asked the same question. He
> said that he understands the system, but it will be very hard for
> Pitino to get NBA players to agree to play it.

My point is that for you to arrive at an 80% figure, you have to name
at least 60 players, because I can name at least 15 that have been
willing. Walker, Mercer, Billups, DeClercq, Bowen, McCarty, etc. etc.
plus Richmond and Person evidently. There may indeed be a significant
number of players that are unwilling but the remaining pool of players
are certainly enough to fill out the rest of the Celtics roster.
Other coaches such as Karl have an incentive to say the Pitino system
won't attract players because they are competing for the same players.
It's meaningless.

Alex