Re: Chuckster

Not meaning any disrespect Doug,  But you must be joking...Barkley is a
buffoon.  Dorine is right on that he is his own worse enemy.  The guy is
not an innocent bystander in all the problems he gets into in bars, on
the court etc...  I find it hard to believe that obnoxious fans only
interrupt "him".  Of course spitting on the fan's wasn't his fault
either.  He has basketball talent I'll grant you, but he is a mouth who
should shut up.

I don't see where he has contributed anything meaningful to the NBA as
you suggest.  Let him and Pippen both rot in hell (fun with your words)
in Texas.  Speaking of Pippen, I would consider a personal boycott of
watching Celtic's games during Pippen's tenure on the team if he were
made a "Celtic".  While I respect his what, 8th first team all defense
selection there is to many instances of unsportsmenlike behavior for
me.  I get tired of explaining to children why a person isn't someone to
emulate.  Pippen and Barkley are up near the top of that list.
(Now Stockton I understand you wanting to watch)

<Jim

In a message Doug said,

In a message dated 5/13/99 6:04:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Dorine@sover.net
writes:

> Barkely's his own worst enemy and I don't care whether or not he ever
wins a
>  ring.
  Dorine, I take great exception here.  If I could watch any two players

(non-Celtics and non-Jordans) play basketball, they would be John
Stockton
and Barkley.  Barkley is second (I think) in rebounds at age 36 or
whatever,
and he plays the game with a fire you don't see often.  He seems to be
enjoying every second of it.  And every news report I read says that he
is
funny, intelligent and a wonderful guy, unless you're an obnoxious fan
who
gets in his face when he's trying to have a beer.  I think he has been
good
for the league and I would love to see him get a ring, unless (I hate to
type
the words) he joins up with Clanq out here in LA.  If he does that, he
can
rot in hell.
  - Doug