Re: Chuckster

On Thu, 13 May 1999 Douglas342@aol.com wrote:

>   Dorine, I take great exception here.  If I could watch any two players
> (non-Celtics and non-Jordans) play basketball, they would be John Stockton
> and Barkley.  Barkley is second (I think) in rebounds at age 36 or whatever,
> and he plays the game with a fire you don't see often.  He seems to be
> enjoying every second of it.  And every news report I read says that he is
> funny, intelligent and a wonderful guy, unless you're an obnoxious fan who
> gets in his face when he's trying to have a beer.  I think he has been good
> for the league and I would love to see him get a ring, unless (I hate to type
> the words) he joins up with Clanq out here in LA.  If he does that, he can
> rot in hell.
>   - Doug

So Doug, tell us how you really feel.

Seriously, though, I agree completely with Doug.  A guy that size who
rebounds like that?  And seems to be as funny as hell, even when he's
complaining to the refs (my favorite Barkley comment being "I don't care
if he is Michael Jordan, that's a foul").

But anyways, I think Sir Charles deserves a ring.

Marc Pierce