Re: Chuckster

In a message dated 5/14/99 9:46:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
jahill@leasingservice.com writes:

>  He has basketball talent I'll grant you, but he is a mouth who
>  should shut up.

   I don't think we're that far apart, Jim.  I think he deserves a ring
because he has played at a high level for many years, and does so with flair
and enthusiasm.  He has  been a valued member of his teams for most of his
career.  (Notable exception his last years in Philadelphia.)  For this alone
he should get a ring.  The fact that he is funny and genial for the most part
(my take) or a buffoon (your take) is extra. I don't find his personality so
offensive that I would deny him the ultimate reward for a pro - a
championship.  Unless he becomes a Laker.
   And we agree about Stockton.
   I admit that I'm not sure I "get" Pippen.  He was a valued member of the
Jordan teams, but I have never understood  those who claim that he is a top
50 player.  Maybe so, but a superstar?  Naw....  And anyway, he has his rings.