Re: Mercer/Battie

>> I beleive the C's should keep Mercer.  he may or may not be worth what he ask
> *s
>> for but, how many of you would be in a hurry to give Antoine the max after
>> this season?  Maybe the C's should have waited.  Lets not even get started on
> *
>> McCarty.
>
>Not sure what this post means. It sounds to me like, "We may have made
>mistakes on McCarty and Walker so we should (potentially) make a mistake
>on Mercer."

I beleive McCarty was a mistake.  He really does not bring alot to the game.
As for Walker, you can really say that based on this past year he is worth the
max?  I don't think he is.  for a player with so many skills we never seem to
see them that much.

>I think that Mercer is clearly not worth the max to the Celtics (because
>as many people have noted, he may not even fit into the starting lineup).
>So if he demands the max and threatens to walk away after the season
>if he doesn't get it (the favorite blackmail move by agents), the right
>move is to trade him.

I do not beleive Mercer is worth the max either.  But then again I think you
should have to win or at least prove your game over a few years to get the big
money.

>As for Antoine, I wouldn't change a thing. If we had waited
>to extend him until this offseason and then not offered him the max,
>Chicago would gladly take him off our hands leaving us with nothing.
>
>Alex

So we overpaid because they would have.  The C's could have seen what their
offer would have been then beaten it.  Wasn't this also a form of blackmail?

Rcih