Re: Holley: Celtics Must Make A Trade

Josh Ozersky wrote:

> I'm not so sure that the Spurs will make it out of the
> west, and I'm not so sure that Tim Duncan is such a
> dominant player, either.  He's kind of like a
> souped-up Kevin McHale, but I'd rather have Iverson or
> Jason Kidd on my team, or Shaquille if I am looking at
> big men.  Duncan's great, but he's no Jordan.  He
> doesn't beat you by himself.  I guess he may
> eventually.  Who cares?

Well the writers do.  I root for Minnesota to upset
the Spurs and avert a Duncan coronation.

> I like how Ryan and Holley say Antoine doesn't play
> defense.

It was Holley who rated the players.  Maybe moving Antoine to small
forward
will enhance his defensive skills, especially if he's in shape, slims
down
some and regains his quickness.

  Did they see him strip Timmy Hardaway?  I
> really don't respect their opinions.  They're really
> stuck up and patronizing -- I see why Ted Williams
> hated the boston press so much.

Seems like the Boston press fawns over Ted Williams.  How many glowing
tributes has Shaughnessy written of Williams?  I think in the old days,
a few members of the media had it in for Williams, but a large segment
of the press were just lackeys for the various teams.  Today, that's
changed
and I would say there's more objectivity among the reporters.  Less
lackeys, less
people with an agenda.  However, having two newspapers in competition
with each
other does tend to engender sensationalism.
Ray