Re: Mercer/Battie

> I beleive the C's should keep Mercer.  he may or may not be worth what he ask
 *s
> for but, how many of you would be in a hurry to give Antoine the max after
> this season?  Maybe the C's should have waited.  Lets not even get started on
 *
> McCarty.

Not sure what this post means. It sounds to me like, "We may have made
mistakes on McCarty and Walker so we should (potentially) make a mistake
on Mercer."

I think that Mercer is clearly not worth the max to the Celtics (because
as many people have noted, he may not even fit into the starting lineup).
So if he demands the max and threatens to walk away after the season
if he doesn't get it (the favorite blackmail move by agents), the right
move is to trade him.

As for Antoine, I wouldn't change a thing. If we had waited
to extend him until this offseason and then not offered him the max,
Chicago would gladly take him off our hands leaving us with nothing.

Alex