Re: Season's Winners/Diatribe

Greg,

> Rick your clock is ticking, we all hate to a degree that the coach always
> has to be the fall guy, but either you are going to be a hero to us all here
> next season (me personally they have to get the 2nd round to be on a
> productive improvement path, the playoffs were a reasonable goal this
> season, now they got to win a round) or you are going to get your sorry butt
> run out of town.

This is a bit extreme in my opinion; if they make the playoffs in the third
year, Pitino has done exactly what he promised. No one is going to run him
out of town if they lose in the first round. If he misses the playoffs,
then he's in real trouble.

It's hard for me to guess which teams the Celtics will surpass to make the
playoffs because it seems even most of the lottery teams will improve.
New Jersey will be back in playoff contention if Jayson Williams recovers.
Charlotte looks strong with their lineup in place and Mason returning.
Cleveland will have Ilgauskas back. Even Chicago may be tougher if they
are successful in free agency and the draft (similar to Pitino's first year).

Alex