RE: Season's Winners/Diatribe

We are all the losers; list members, fans, supporters and stockholders, our
families, coworkers and friends as well, as we have all been pretty
miserable for at least a month now.  Just read some of the crap we have all
(to one degree or another) thrown out or at each other.  Hardly productive
or mature.  Count me in on the garbage line.

The bottom line, as Paul likes to put it, this team better show some spark
of improvement next season or I hope, as one of the local TV sports guy (in
little old Portland, Oregon) puts it, the management has the balls to fire
RP like the Nets did with Calpo. At the time the guy actually related the
firing to the situation in Boston.  Made my day; NOT!

Rick your clock is ticking, we all hate to a degree that the coach always
has to be the fall guy, but either you are going to be a hero to us all here
next season (me personally they have to get the 2nd round to be on a
productive improvement path, the playoffs were a reasonable goal this
season, now they got to win a round) or you are going to get your sorry butt
run out of town.  ML was a fan favorite as player, but turned A+ sour, and
Rick this is your fate unless you start proving your value and proving a
good number of us around here wrong.  This franchise is too important and
storied to be using as some pathetic experiment in ego stroking.  Handle it
well or take a hike.

Again we have all suffered.  Go back to my game report after the Portland
blowout, and as I noted the only thing worth paying for that night was
getting to see Paul Pierce (THE key shining light this year) and to a lesser
degree Battie, who also played very well, but still in a very ugly losing
effort.  A loss is still just that, a loss.

My prediction now is 25 wins by the trading deadline next season or RP is
traded to Miami for a second round pick, something maybe we could actually
use, as we apparently don't have any this year.  47 wins on the season.

Thanks for the good times, sorry for grief, and now let's all watch
something resembling good ball (hopefully) in the playoffs.  Let the games
begin.

Greg