Re: coaches

>You guys who threaten of a Pitino firing if he doesn't make the playoffs next
>year make me laugh. Can you even offer a decent replacement?

Let me think...now I know someone's mentioned this guy's name before.
Something like. Yeah, that's it....Phil Jackson! Yeah...I think he'd do in
a pinch.

>George Karl? LOL. Have you
>already forgot the many, underachieving teams that did well in the regular
>season but choked in the first round of the playoffs?

Yeah D...I was really laughing when the Sonics played the Bulls in the
finals. Remember how funny that was. Oh man....those were the days...huh?

>Jerry West for GM? LOL.
>In your dreams would he come here. Phil Jackson? Sure, I would give him a try
>but you would have to totally change the offense to fit his style and that
>would take a few years to get the players to fit that.

So let me get this straight. The Celtics don't make the playoffs next year,
but the team sticks with Pitino because? Yeah I get it...they stick with
Pitino because at that point he'll be a "proven" failure. No point in
rocking the boat then. May as well play out the string and wait 'til the
contract runs out to start over.

>Have you guys forgotten the parade of failures we
>have already had of Jimmy Rodgers, Chris Ford and ML Carr?

Now I understand why they hired Pitino. Tradition!

>You think it is so
>easy by just changing the coach.

Well...you did mention Larry Brown.

>You would think Pitino was actually
>suiting up or something. THIS IS A PLAYERS LEAGUE!

So maybe Ricky should try shutting up every now and then when the players
take the court.

>Getting a new coach and a
>new system will just guarantee more blowups and rebuilding and more losing.
>We got a bigtime coach. You can criticize him but throwing him out would be
>STUPID...

If this guy doesn't make the playoffs next year, what makes you think he
ever will? If he can't squeeze 41-45 wins out of this team in year
three...get rid of him and cut your losses.

Paul M.