Re: From Jackie MacMullan's SI column

Jim Meninno wrote:

> MG,
>
> I did watch the game.  Yes, Olo has some skills.  What's your point?  If
> you didn't understand what I was trying to say, I'll rephrase.
>
> You're constantly running down every player on the Cs.  You suggest
> trading them for other unproven players, with just as many deficiencies
> as the players currently on the team.  If you got them, you'd start
> running them down too.  You seem to advocate a complete overhaul at this
> stage of the rebuilding, which is ludicrous.  If you didn't notice, we
> had to go through that last year.  The current team is the product of
> that and it needs time to play it's best.  More major moves would only
> drag that out even longer.

Exactly. The core is set, it should be allowed to grow together, and any
improvements to it should be through hard individual work, free agency, draft,
and minor (no pun intended) trades. The only major trade, possibly, should be
moving Kenny for a better defender (just about anyone) with a point guard
mentality.

Re: KA, I just couldn't believe Pitino's praising of Kenny last night. Was he
"building KA's trade value" for an off-season trade? Last night's 10-for-12
shooting notwithstanding, KA (as someone's rightly noted) should be fined for
every shot he takes, unless all other options have been exhausted or it's an
uncontested layup. Out of 29 assists that Celtics had last night, Anderson had
3 (!). It's almost always the same thing for Kenny: dribble up the floor,
waste some time, take that (usually) lame jumper, wave at the opposing PG
fast-breaking by.  I guess Cousy's advice to him was in one ear and out the
other. What's infuriating is that Kenny CAN do it - even with the same
"stationary" teammates (viz. his last season's performance), whom Mr. Ozersky
blamed on Kenny's passing troubles.  He just doesn't appear to be willing.