Paper Clips

I can't tell you the relief I felt when I picked up the paper this morning. I
had this terrible sense of foreboding the C's would somehow lose that game and
be headed straight for lottery land. I wish we could have saved up some of
those extra points we scored for a rainy day! :)

I had a few thoughts to share after reading the box score:

a) What a shooting performance by Kenny! I hope this is a sign of things to
come. Only 3 assists though ... I guess Mercer picked up the slack for him there.

b) speaking of Mercer, what has happened to him lately? He's shooting the ball
like crap. The past 3 games he and Walker both are shooting like 30%.

c) How about the Ukraine Train?? 11 boards and a block? In New Orleans, that's
what they call lagniappe (a little, unexpected something extra). Overall we
out-rebounded the Clips by 19.

d) If Eric Riley can't get off the bench during a 34 point blowout, I'm kind
of wondering why Pitino's keeping him around. Battie put up nice numbers though.

e) Greg Minor continues to salvage his career. 3 for 4 on treys?? Where'd that
come from?

Overall, it's refreshing we can win so handily when Walker scores only 14
points, Pierce has 12 and Mercer 6. Who woulda thunk that? I read that the
last time the Celtics lost on St Patrick's Day was 1968. The score in that
game, BTW, was 147-139, which gives you an idea of how low the NBA has fallen.
Thanks, Pat Riley. (Actually, I shouldn't bash Riley too much. The way his
team keeps winning with 2 starters out, he could be making a run at Coach of
the Year.)