Re: 3 Moments vs. Indy

I saw the game when it came back on NBC. Agreeing w/1 & 2. But #3, Mercer
did not see Davis coming to defend AW, he should have taken the shot
himself. You are correct though, if either one of these miscues go our way,
we probably win. AW had a good day at the line today, he could learn a few
fakes in the paint. He is not shooting enough fouls, and he is capable of
drawing them. We shot very well at the line today.
At 04:53 PM 3/14/99 -0500, you wrote:
>There are three points in the game that I'll point to as to why the C's
>ended up losing that game.
>
>(1)  KA made a great pass to AW who was all alone under the basket.
>Walker flips the ball over his head with his back turned to the basket
>and misses the shot badly.  Unacceptable.  Walker needs to gather
>himself and go up strong with that shot.  The C's could have maintained
>a 9 point lead with that basket.
>
>(2)  The very next offesive series after (1) KA takes a quick three
>pointer from the wing.  Very bad decision.  Actually, an unacceptable
>one considering it was made by our point guard.  Indy rebounds the ball
>and Miller nails a three.
>
>(3)  Mercer comes off a screen, dumps off to Walker does not take it
>strong, but instead jumps too early and tries for the slam with one
>hand.  The shot is easily blocked by Indy. Tthey go to the other end and
>Smits nails a shot.

cut