Re: THANK GOD!!!

Yeah, I would still trade him if I could get a quality
big person in return.  Lot's of good 2/3's in the upcoming
draft; Pierce can slide over for the rest of the season.
Mercer is somewhat one-dimensional.  He can score from twenty-
feet in with the best of them, but he lacks three point range,
doesn't past or rebound all that well, and his defense is lacking.
But damn he can really score, and that certainly is of appeal
to other clubs in this offensively-static NBA....
MG

Dorine <norine@sover.net> wrote:

> Does anybody want to trade Ron Mercer now, after watchng him score 35
> beautiful points tonight?  You're all so trade happy you don't even
care who
> you get, just trade!  One bad game, and you're all down in the dumps
and
> wanting to get rid of one of the mainstays of this club.  I hope
you're
> happy I read that post about the trade just before going to bed last
night
> and didn't sleep a wink.  I have to get up at 5:45 in the morning
and drive
> 35 miles to work, down a mountain, through a valley, over a higher
mountain
> and through another valley.  I need my sleep, guys, that just isn't
nice!

> In case you want to get after me about Ron Mercer, I am talking
about a
> TEAM!  You don't invent chemistry.  I really think if you were to
break up
> that team right now you could kiss off the rest of this season.
They are
> young, very young, as has been written on this list many times.  So
young
> that the loss of Mercer would devastate them.  I searched all the
papers
> today and listened to the radio stations and heard not one word
about a
> trade, of any kind.
> As I said above, THANK GOD, and a pox on you for keeping me awake
all night.

> Dorine

==
MG In Exile