Re: Pitino in the Globe

>Maybe this is just me putting on rose-colored glasses, but it doesn't sound
>like Pitino's in a rush to trade "an asset" (one of the big four) for a big
>man. He twice used the word "building." I find that reassuring.

Friday night...a few glasses of wine...a great meal....the kids are out
having fun...a Celtic win. Peter, I find the above reassuring also. And
let's all give it up to Josh. He was the one who guessed that the Celts
were playing tired against Cleveland and that Pitino was overreacting with
his post-game critique.

>c) Bottom line: someone asked if the deal would help win the Celts a
>championship. I truly believe Ron Mercer is a starter on a
>championship-caliber team; Lorenzen Wright is not, and I question whether
>Taylor could be.

Absolutely agree Peter. Neither Wright nor Taylor have helped the Clips do
anything.

>As final proof that this trade won't happen, Mercer and Riley both are playing
>against Denver right now, which Pitino wouldn't dare do if he were
>contemplating a trade. (And Mercer has 25 points thru 3 quarters, which should
>persuade Rick if he's having any doubts).

Pitino, and we all, need to be patient. As someone posted recently, we can
talk all the statistics we want, the most important one for most of these
players could be their date of birth. Walker, Mercer and Pierce stay where
they are. Pitino gets the big bucks to figure out a way to fill in the
blanks. A very nice win this evening. Mercer, Walker and Pierce in a few
years? Not bad at all. The team is headed in the right direction. I have to
give it up to Ricky also.

Paul M