Re: Heinsohn high on C's

Vinny Natale posted a Peter Vecsey quote about the Celtics, who made some
excellent comments about the Celtics not needing to get a center to get
into the playoffs, and about Walker finally getting into shape, which
seemed quite observant.  Then Vescey went on to say:

> ``The bench is weak, but the only asset (Rick) Pitino could get rid of is Ron
> Mercer. Yeah, the Celtics could sneak in. You just don't know this season -
> teams are so tired.''

I'd say the Celtics bench is one of their biggest strengths, and I
challenge Vescey to justify his comments.  It's been the bench that's
applied the press so well, and had a fairly smoothly running offense.
The bench has gotten the Celtics back into games when the starters got
behind early in the game.  The bench is the reason the Celtics can wear
down the other teams in a 48 minute game.  DON'T SLAM THE CELTICS' BENCH!!!

With McCarty back, the bench will be even stronger.  Any team which
takes the Celtics bench lightly will pay the price.  On second thought,
go ahead and slam the Celtics bench so that we can continue to surprise
the other team when we bring them in!

Jon Mc