RE: Heinsohn high on C's

On Monday, March 01, 1999 7:57 AM, Mister Ghost
[SMTP:mister_ghost@yahoo.com] wrote:
> Peter Vecsey right as usual.  Hmmm.  Will Pitino
> deal Mercer before the deadline for a big person?
> Lots of shooting guard/small forward types available
> in the draft -- Quincy Lewis, Rolando Beregerson,
> Ron Artest, Jumaine Jones, Wally Szczerbiak, Shawn Marion,
> Richard Hamilton, James Posey, Luke Recker? Jamel Thomas,
> Vonteego Cummings, Michael Redd? Lamar Odom, Rodney Buford --
> to find a replacement for Mercer.  If Bowen had any type
> of shooting touch or outside shot, Mercer would have been
> already traded.
> MG
>

> You never know what RP will do.  I really expect Anderson to be gone, and
as stated 2 guards are easy to find, and a lot shoot better than Mercer. To
get something we will have to trade one or more of the big 4. I don't
expect walker or Pierce to be going anywhere. It would be nice to get the
Clippers #1. They could use a proven player although they would love to get
Baron Davis.  I was thinking the other night we really have a lot of 3.5 &
4.5's but no real 4's or 5's.  A big 4 would be nice and move AW to the 3
spot where he may be better suited. If Lamar Odom can play the point that
would be a find. But I can't think of any young 4's or 5's that Mercer
would be worth trading for unless he went in a big deal for a Mutombo.