Re: We Don't NEED a Center!

Josh Ozersky said:
> When in the world are you guys are going disabused of the notion that
> a team can't win without a big star center?  We have three guys on the
> team who can post up and play defense and rebound (two if you say,
> with some justification, that Tony Battie isn't a center -- although
> we havent really seen what Schintzius brings to the table.).  You need

Josh, let me join the list of folks praising your post.  I hope this
keeps people quiet about giving up one of our superstar young players
to get an above average center (who'll probably cost too much).

I posted earlier this year saying that with Riley/Schintzius against
the really big guys, Battie against the fast centers, and DeClerq
against all the rest, the Celtics will do well enough at Center to
not be dominated at the position, which will allow the Celtics to
dominate at all the other positions.  That hasn't changed.

I'm liking Battie more and more.  He fits the uptempo style well, and
was even used effectively for full-court pressure.  With added
muscle/size, he could become our starter against ANY kind of center,
but until then the center-by-committee will give us someone who matches
up against any type of center.

Jon Mc