Re: Post doctor

Ola El Mucho.

As I recall, Cedric Maxwell was the first forward in NBA history to shoot
60% from the field over an entire season (a genuine big deal at the time).
The remarkable thing about the "rubber band man" was that he often released
his shot after barely jumping or just prior to landing. He had a knack for
wiggling into the one nook or cranny where he could release an uncontestable
shot. Plus while he was only 6-8 and skinny, he could guard a Moses Malone
or a Julius Erving. Plus he was articulate, animated, funny. I bet he could
coach young NBA players.

By contrast, Antoine Walker has a great body structure to eventually play at
250 pounds or more IMO. Maybe if I watched the last two games I'd have a 180
degree change of heart, but right now I'm not convinced the Celtics should
give up on Toine as a power forward, especially if it means trading an
"asset" to get help in the paint.

I have no freaking idea how Brian Grant had his career game against AW, but
I can only charitably assume Walker was assigned to play help defense on the
5 (since Grant is not even a double figures scorer normally). Either that or
he just isn't concentrating on the basics like boxing out. AW's had some bad
stretches in the past, but this might be his ugliest and most distressing
slump. I really hope he finds his "A" game against Bo and Horace tomorrow.

Joe

****