ROY

The host of the Sunday morning talk group on ESPN--whatshisname--gave
his commentary on Randy Moss and Jayson Williams coming from the same
high school.  He thinks it's interesting that both may be ROY this
year.

Then, Keith O., who I liked when he was on ESPN, called Williams the
front-runner the other day.

It's the Michael/Kobe flash meter going off again.  Even supposedly
knowledgeable sports people can fall for it.  Williams is good and may
be great, but he gets attention mainly for the flash.  And don't we
all like flash.  But LaFrentz and others have put up some excellent
performances--others like a certain Paul Pierce.

Oh well.  I''m not dismayed by the weak road trip.  We'll pick it up.
 Too much talent not to.

Gene