Re: Herald:Malone Gives Words of Wisdom

>``Everybody is quick to pat you on the back and then they are quick to
>kick you in the butt,'' said Malone. ``Don't listen to it. Don't try to
>read what's been written about you and don't watch what's been said
>about you. Just go out and play your game because you know you can play.
>These same people will be yelling at you 20 years from now if you are
>still playing. If you feel you gave it your all, just keep your head up
>and go on. It don't matter about the environment. If you are a survivor,
>it don't matter about the environment. Just play your game.''

The environment? Just what does he know about the environment? Has word
gotten out that the fans have created a miserable environment. I've always
wondered what other players thought about Antoine and the fans, about what
appears to be a truly poisonous relationship. Yes, Antoine certainly can
play. And yes, he certainly has a lot of years left in which to play well.
When do they play the Lakers? Antoine and Shaq up front? In those ugly gold
and purple uniforms? Gee, maybe the C's can get Fox back!!!! Now that would
create a "nice" environment.

Paul M.