Re: Game

W spouted this silly sentiment:

"Ummmm... You Walker haters are so hipocritical.  No, you say Griffin's
allowed to play with those plays and you call him a star, but you fail to
neglect the fact that hes shot 6 from 15 from the floor. If Antoine had those
very same stats that Griffin had in that game you would have crucify him.

You non-Walker fans will never be happy until he becomes a good goody two
shoes like Larry Bird, Kevin McHale.  Well I got something to tell you. You
are stuck in the 80s. This is the 90s and almost the new millenium. Get with it.

Now, I know that you're gonna flame me for it, but I really dont care. Give
credit where credit is due.. Admit that Antoine Walker played a top game and
kept the Celtics in the game. Now we all know that without Pot we were never
going to win, but to stay within ten of a team who entered the game winning
ten straight and straight out killed Toronto in Toronto three days previously
shows that Antoine Walker lead this team superbly tonight.

Way to go Antoine and if you ain't down with that, then I got two words for ya."

My response:

To compare Griffin's stat's of one game to Walker's stat's for one game is
silly.  Were Griffin's shots ill-advised or did he just miss?  I haven't heard
any complaints about Walker "missing" good shots, just taking ill-advised
shots and a perceived lack of effort.

If you think commitment to working hard to achieve success is "80's" thinking,
or that it isn't required in the new millenium, I feel sorry for you.

I also didn't read any comments bashing Walker for this last game, so I don't
know what your referring to.  However Walker didn't keep us in this game, we
were never in it to begin with.  While I am pleased for Walker that he had a
solid game, he needed it for himself I'm sure, just as Bird or McHale needed
big games to get out of slumps if they had them.  I wouldn't read to much into
it.

The 36, 12, 4 are not normal stat's this year. The 9-12 FT stat is great
improvement.  It isn't unusual for a team which knows it won't be a contest to
play soft defense on the other teams "star".  Why have Malone get beat up in a
guarenteed win?

But that said, Walker had a big performance last night and I applaud him for it.

<Jim