No Subject

>>>>>>>>>>Slam Dunk competition to return
(Dec 8) Scoring is back in the NBA and so is the Slam Dunk competition.

Commissioner David Stern announced Tuesday night during an NBA.com
interview that the competition
will return in February during All-Star Weekend in Oakland, California.

It had taken a two-year hiatus, being replaced by 2ball -- a contest of
duos comprised of NBA and WNBA
stars -- in 1998. There was no All-Star Weekend last season due to the
lockout.

"It's coming back," Stern said. "We've had a lot of interest expressed
by the best people -- the players --
who've said, `I have a few moves that are reminiscent of Dominique or
Michael,' so we'll see what our
players have."

Stern has made a concerted effort to bring excitement back to the
league. Rules were changed this
season to help open up an increasingly physical game.

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant won the last Slam Dunk competition
in 1997. The contest began in
1984. <<<<