No Subject

He has to be in the starting lineup with Griffin and Pierce and guard
the power forward defensively, but when it comes time to playing the
offense, Walker as Chris Littleford said in his well written post is
playing the role of point forward. Using Walker's main strengths and
weaknesses, utilizing his strengths, working on his weaknesses, Walker
will be ready to go at small forward when Fortson gets back. I'd expect
Walker to play 32 at forward, Pierce 32 at guard and for Griffin to come
off the bench for both and to play 32 as well.

This mix of 3 at small forward - off guard may leave Eric Williams short
on minutes in the short term. However, if he continues to impress Rick
in practice and limited court time, one must believe that eventually his
playing time will be increased, perhaps at the expense of having to play
Antoine some of his minutes backing Fortson up at power forward which
leaves the question; will Tony Battie ever become the full-time reserve
at power forward and if not, where does that leave him on the current
team? Out of position and badly beat upon at center or as a player with
so much talent languishing at the bottom of the bench?

If the Celtics are really looking at acquiring another power forward
then I will scream. We have absolutely no need for another forward when
Fortson comes back and I dont see the point of having an injured player
come in and be the short term answer. I cannot see how that is possible.
Does Rick expect Derek to come in and contribute in a Danny Fortson
style manner off of the bench instantly? Is the guy crazy in this
respect?

There must be another part of this trade that we haven't been told
about. Pervis for Strong straight up doesn't make sense.

However, if you were to trade and Pervis Ellison to the Chicago Bulls
inexchange for Hersey Hawkins and Will Perdue that would address a need
for both teams.

For the Celts, it would be to acquire a center who can consistently come
from the bench and give leadership and hard work. For the Bulls it would
be to unload another contract that extends past this season, a contract
worth at least $3.5 million next season.

I would be heavilly infavour of that trade and I can see the Bulls going
for it as well.

Cheers,

Warwick