Re: "Trader Rick" scares Josh -Reply

>>> <j.hironaka@unesco.org> 08/05/99 10:51am >>>
Hi Ryan:

I sent Josh a "Popeye fails physical: Dale Davis to Boston" e-mail to
try to freak him out. Cruel, but I couldn't resist. :-)

Seriously though, this reminds me of the Radja trade to Philly which was
aborted a few days later. Personally, I'd be dissappointed if Issel
finds an exit. <<<

Agreed.  Call me crazy, but I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Fortson
line up to play some center at 6-6.  All kidding aside, my Mercer fandom
notwithstanding, here's hoping that this deal does not become nullified
due to a technicality.  Too many bridges have been burned / too many
hard feelings exist to try to bring Mercer back into the fold now.  Even if
that happened, I'm sure that it would only be a matter of time before Pitino
dispatched him again.  Unfortunately for us, the market would not be
conducive to offering equal value, as league GMs would be looking to
rake Pitino over the coals before enabling him to unload his "malcontent."

By the way, several names have been bandied about regarding the
Walker to Indiana trade.  Can anyone with reliable knowledge about the
salary cap (Alex? Warwick?) speculate as to what salaries would have
to be matched up to make a deal?  That might cut through some of the
speculation about who would likely be included in any trade.

Ryan