Re: What is Pitino doing?

> Let's face it, Pitino is really screwing up the team. I don't know if
> I'm the only one to feel this way, but I believe that Mercer will be
> THE man at the 2 position in a couple of years.

THE man can't dribble, drive, defend, or shoot the 3.  The NBA would be
pretty awful if a more athletic Reggie Miller without range was "THE man".

> Look at what he's
> done: high school player of the year,

Big whoop.  Garnett, Pierce, Carter, and Marbury have all proven to be
better.  1995 was a long time ago.

> 2 titles at Kentucky (I believe).

One, but why let facts enter a good incoherent rant?  BTW, UK lost in '97
because Arizona exploited Ron's 1-D game by expecting him to come off picks
and always having a defender there.

> Also, in what would have been his senior year in college,
> he averages 17 points a game.

Taking over 17 shots a game!  That "production" is pitiful!

> Danny Fortson may be an excellent
> player, but not as good as Mercer.

You're correct.  Danny's better.  Taking more shots than points scored while
not defending, rebounding, or passing is called being a liability.
Averaging 11+ rpg in just 28 mpg and shooting a high percentage is called
playing phenomenally!

> In a couple of years, we'll be
> saying "how did we let this guy get away?"

If you live in Denver...

> In addition, Pitino is
> now looking to trade Walker. This is a player who made the all star
> team in what would have been his senior year in school!

Webber should have made it instead.  But I do agree that Ant shouldn't be
dealt.

> What is
> Pitino's philosophy? Trade all good players for marginal ones?

No, if it were he'd have traded FOR Mercer...

> If this pattern continues, expect to say goodbye to Paul Pierce in a
> year or two.

Nah, Pitino knows he & Ant are immeasurably talented.  Ron just isn't in the
same league.

> -David (depressed Celtics fan)

Tim (elated C's fan)