Re: What is Pitino doing?

> Let's face it, Pitino is really screwing up the team. I don't know if
> I'm the only one to feel this way, but I believe that Mercer will be
> THE man at the 2 position in a couple of years. Look at what he's
> done: high school player of the year, 2 titles at Kentucky (I
> believe). Also, in what would have been his senior year in college,
> he averages 17 points a game.

Well, in what would be Fortson's "chronological rookie year" he averaged
double figure rebounds per game. You are trading one dimension (low
percentage scoring) for another (rebounding).

> Danny Fortson may be an excellent
> player, but not as good as Mercer. In a couple of years, we'll be
> saying "how did we let this guy get away?" In addition, Pitino is
> now looking to trade Walker.

This is the type of thing that really bugs me. Pitino gets crucified
for so many things that he DOESN'T do that it's no wonder he calls
talk radio the fellowship of the miserable. If I see Pitino trade
Walker straight up for Dale Davis I'll be as angry as everyone else.
But all we've heard is Michael Holley, who isn't exactly a Pitino fan.
Pitino basically accused Holley of being a liar last year (and vice
versa) so I doubt he's giving Holley reliable information. So probably
some Indiana source is talking about how they're going to get Walker
for Dale Davis. That could mean nothing.