Re: What is Pitino doing?

>  Mercer will be
> THE man at the 2 position in a couple of years.

There is no indication of this by the way he plays now.  Mercer can
score, but is a defensive liability.  In addition, his attitude has
become questionable.  This can be very harmful to any team's chemistry.

>  Danny Fortson may be an excellent
> player, but not as good as Mercer.

Danny fills a team need better than Mercer.  In addition, he's more
durable and has a great attitude.  A much more valuable commodity for us.

> This is a player who made the all star
> team in what would have been his senior year in school! What is
> Pitino's philosophy? Trade all good players for marginal ones?

Pitino's philosophy is to trade the players who cause friction within the
team.  Walker has been a problem child fore sometime.  If we get
something good in return (such as talent + maturity), we should probably
consider it.

> If
> this pattern continues, expect to say goodbye to Paul Pierce in a
> year or two.

Paul Pierce has done everything the coaches and staff have asked of him.
He won't be going anywhere.