Re: I Don't Think The Celtics Will Do The Fortson/Mercer Trade

I agree that Fortson is a great rebounder, but....

- I don't know about his defense. I'm not sure about his offense.

- I'm not sure he can coexist with Potapenko.

- I think Battie and Pot may be more of a compliementary unit.

- Inking Battie to a big contract and bringing him off the bench:
  young players just don't do that these days.  They all want to start.

- I still feel, if the C's let teams bid against themsleves, some GM out
there
  will do something stupid and they'll end up with a better player than
  Fortson.

- The C's would deal Mercer for Marcus Camby in a second and he'd be the
starting
  power forward, spindly legs and all. With Potapenko clodding the
middle,
  you need a more fluid power forward, one who can defend and block
shots.
  Is Fortson that?  I don't think so.
Ray