cap talk

    It seems to me like the league hasn't adapted yet to the new salary
scale.  Two years ago, we were afraid that Walker would ask for Garnett
money, like $120,000,000.  Then the new cap comes in and we rush to pay him
"only" $71,000,000, breathing a huge sigh of relief.  Seems to me like some
players (Mercer?) are asking for the max on the same theory:  "Hey, it isn't
like I want Garnett money!"
     But the max is now 71 or so, so a good player (Mercer?) oughta realize
that maybe a deal worth 50 or 60 mil is about what he's worth in the new NBA.

     And, FWIW and IMHO, while I would like to see a trade for some large
person, I still come back to the fact that this team is like 23 years old.
Give them time.  I will, of course, join the chorus for Pitino's head if no
playoffs, though.