I Don't Think The Celtics Will Do The Fortson/Mercer Trade

First of all, I don't think Pitino wants Eric Williams anywhere
near Antoine Walker.  I think he considers him to be a bad influence
on Walker, which is one of the reasons he gave him away in the
first place.  And as indicated by the Holley article and all
the contretemps this summer, the C's aren't exactly overjoyed
with Walker's presence at the moment any ways. Adding Williams
to the equation may make it even more of a volatile mix.

Secondly, I think the C's question how successful a Pot/Fortson
duo will be, and thanks to the information provided once again in
the Holley column, it looks like the team is also down on Potapenko
at the moment.  So much for Coach Pinochio's usual blather
about Pot being a workout freak, etc. Maybe he is, but he appears to
have bulked up at the cost of his mobility, and now it's Jenny Craig
time for Pot Belly (Bob McChesney is swooning at the moment).

Third, they seem to be high on Tony Battie.  Are they going to sign him
a hefty chunk of change and then bring him off the bench?  Maybe they
are,
since they seem keen on dealing Walker for a PF and need a scorer coming
off the bench, but I gotta think, that after Battie gets the big bucks,
he's going to feel he's a starter true and true. Remember what Pitino
said about bringing young players off the bench.

Ray