Re: DAVID STERN

I saw a lot, but not all of the interview and I have to agree with you.
He comes across so reasonable and fair that you wonder how the union
could have a problem with him.  I'm sure he's completely different
behind a locked negotiating room door, though.

Among his assertions that I found interesting:

The league as a whole lost money last year.

Something like ten of the teams would be financially better off if the
season was not played under the previous agreement.

Stern was livid that the interviewer suggested that the teams have not
been entirely honest about disclosing revenue.  He asserted that the
teams have provided the union with full and acurate financial
disclosures for (I believe) four years.

He denied that his office leaked any grand jury testimony to the press
and refused to go into it further as court action is in progress
regarding that matter.  Oops, that was Ken Starr who was also on tv
answering questions last night.

Jim