Re: Salary idea

I think this is, in practical terms, the same as the suggestion I had a
week or so ago that I incorrectly called a hard cap.  In that scheme, a
fixed percentage of revenues would be designated for salaries and, if
the league spent less, the remainder would be distributed to the players
according to their salary.  Your system does the math beforehand.  I
still like the idea of deciding up front how much money goes to the
players and not leaving it as a "cap".  Some of the issues that Kim so
enthusiastically pointed out will still remain.  For instance, what
happens if you've already allocated your 100% and then you draft a
couple of players.  You would have to reduce someone's percentage to
give it to the draftees.  Issues like that would end up getting solved
with exceptions and you would end up with teams at 115%.  In the end, I
don't think anything is gained by converting dollars to percentages
other than knocking about six zeros off the numbers so that they don't
look so vulgar to the common folk.

Jim