Re: Dwight Jaynes Provides An Excellent Synopsis Of The Issues

Here's an argument I've heard many times before that simply doesn't hold
water.  Although, to be fair, the article voices many of the arguments
on both sides of the issues.

My problem with this one is that this is the case in any service
industry.  Doctors, teachers, firemen and many software professionals
could all rightly claim to be their "company's product".  I don't see
them receiving 60% of their company's revenues.  The real leverage that
NBA players have is that there aren't a lot of people who can perform
their job at the level that they do.  It is a supply and demand issue.
And the CBA has everything to do with maintaining the balance between
supply and demand in what Joe H. quite rightly referred to as an
"imperfect" economy.

Jim

>Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 06:53:45 -0500
>From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
>CC: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Dwight Jaynes Provides An Excellent Synopsis Of The Issues
>

>                       By Dwight Jaynes
>                       Columnist
>                       The Oregonian

>                       Line one, you're on the air: "Yeah, hey,
>
>                       there is no way the employees are going >
to get more than 50 percent of the profits