No Subject

Hi kids. Here's what ESPN is saying in their "what happens when the lockout ends" feature:

"CELTICS: If the new labor agreement makes Walker a free agent at the end of the season, the Celtics won't want to pay him $100 million and are expected to package him in a trade with two or three high-contract players. Rumor mill says: Pat Riley and the Miami Heat want Walker. Brown and Mashburn could be dealt ... for Walker."

Now me, I don't see how Brown and Mashburn combined come anywhere close to making up for Walker ... especially with Popeye Jones and Paul Pierce on the roster.
Last year PJ scored 9.6 ppg. 8.6 rpg and 1.3 bpg in 32 mpg, whole shooting 47% and 76% from the line. Mash scored 15 ppg, only 4.9 rpg and no shotblocking to speak of in 36 mpg, while shooting 43%, 80% from the stripe and 30% on treys. Together, they averaged 3.6 to's, 1.8 steals, 4.2 assists.

Toine, of course, scored 22 ppg, 10 rebs & .7 bpg in 39.9 mpg, shooting 42%, 64% from the line and 31% from three. He had 3.6 to's, 1.7 steals and 3.3 assists. Add it up, and we don't really improve significantly anywhere, but we risk retarding PP's growth.