Re: Walker

>The question I would like to
>ask, if Pitino could work a trade for, say, Mash/Brown and then because of the
>trade was able free enough cap money to sign a Googs, Pippen, Austin, etc;
>then would you Walker-lovers consider trading him???
>
>DJessen33

That's easy......nope. Pippen? His career is probably over soon because of
his back. Antoine has the potential to be the best PF in basketball by the
time he's 26 or 27. Austin? Way overrated. He looked like crap post-Heat.
Googs? He's a very nice player but he'll always be a very nice
complimentary player at best. He's not even the second best player on the
T-Wolves, or...he's not going to be very soon. Do you think the Wolves
would trade Googs for Walker? I think they'd jump on that. Mash and Brown?
I've already talked about them. Here's something Mishra has mentioned a few
times: Why not sign Walker and build the team around Pierce, Walker and
Mercer. If Mercer is the second coming of Pippen, as some believe, and
Pierce is going to be instant offense from game one...why not keep all
three? But....since we're dreaming, how about Gaston sells the team, the
Celtics trade Anderson for Iverson, and then the team signs all four. Oh, I
forgot. Pitino has to promise to shut-up.

Paul M.