Re: RICK FOX

I hesitate to write about the Lakers on the Celtics' Mailing List, but what
the hell. I'll try to tie it in. How's this: I'd feel much better about all
the gloating over the Lakers' collapse if I thought the Celtics had a
chance to get swept in the Eastern Conference Finals anytime soon. Know
what I mean? Now...having said that...my God, while I have no love for the
Jazz and hope the Bulls tear them apart, I do like seeing them destroy the
Lakers. The team really has no clue. Harris is a miserable coach. He has
absolutely no imagination. They have one great player. He's not perfect,
he's definitely flawed, but he makes any team an immediate contender. He
alone is worth a bunch of wins. Van Exel is hopeless, Horry and Fox are
both skilled back-ups, Campbell is gutless, and Jones? Tell me this guy's
not a heart breaker. Tons of talent at both ends of the floor but, let's be
frank, chokes big time. I could be absolutely wrong about this because I
think we all have a tendency to overrate players on teams we love, but
right now I take Mercer over Jones every time. I thought that maybe the
Celtics could get him for Mercer and a draft pick or something else to make
the salaries match, but after another miserable playoff series from
Jones...forget him. The guy crumbles under pressure. And finally...Bryant?
This kid needs a new coach. I'll leave it at that. Now...I'll never write
about the Lakers again and I'll end this post the way I started:

I'd feel much better about all the gloating over the Lakers' collapse if I
thought the Celtics had a chance to get swept in the Eastern Conference
Finals anytime soon.

Paul M.