offseason moves

First off the draft. I say take the best available player regardless of
position. The present Celt team is very versatile and could accommodate
minutes for just about any position. Remember how we got saddled with
Montross and Acie Earl just because the Celts were trying to fill the needs
at the time. The high school kids are intriguing but I for one think Pitino
will pass on them. If the CBA gets redone before the draft and the rookie
contracts get extended it will be a different story though.

Second free agents. Pitinos statement about upgrading at the small forward
position. Obviously they are going after Pippen. It can't hurt to try. I
don't think it will happen though. Especially now with rumors swirling
around about the bulls bringing everybody back if they win it all. If Pitino
could convince him to play some defense Cedric Ceballos would be an option.
He can be a prolific scorer at times. And he does have the tools to play
defense if he so desired. Resigning Tabak and Jones. Maybe one but most
certainly not both. I have a feeling Pitino doesn't really see a need for
another power forward. Jones might be odd man out. Tabak might benefit from
the decent minutes he played at the end of last season.

Third trades. For what seems like a long time we actually have some players
we can afford to move that might draw a glimmer of interest from other
teams. Of course we still have some immovable objects firmly entrenched on
the bench. i.e. Ellison (that poor horse just the mention of having Pervis
as an owner and it breaks a leg). Hopefully we can move Knight and get some
value in return. I would not trade for Elden Campbell. I wouldn't trade
Antoine. Trading him now would be pointless it is too soon to start to panic
about wether or not we will lose him for nothing. I'm sure it will hinge on
the cba.

I wish summer would hurry up and come and go so we can get back to what
really makes the world go round. Celtic Basketball

Art Silva