Re: Re-signing Walker (was Re: Cruel Ironies)

I think Dino's salary does come off the cap next season that's why Peter May and
Co. are speculating a contract of 5 mill for Matt Geiger. These numbers clearly
are without the cap going to 32 mill..if one doesn't account for the cap going
up then the airthmetic of the cap is as under:

1998-99 salaries                     29   mill (approx)
- Free agents <Edney, Popeye & Tabak> 4.8 mill
- Dino Radja                          2.5 mill
                                     ---------
                                     21.7 mill
                                     ---------
- Reclaimed cap space                 4.3 mill
- Allocating 1M for a 1st round pick  1.0 mill
                                     ---------
                                      3.3 mill
                                     ---------

Now a contract with a cap number of 3 mill will pay 5 mill on a 7 year deal..so
it does appear that May and others are taking the Dino's cap room into account.
                                    - Mishra