Re: Re-signing Walker (was Re: Cruel Ironies)

At 09:17 AM 3/16/98 -0800, Greg Odegaard wrote:
>This is the first I have heard anywhere of Dino's half salary coming off
>the cap next season.  Somehow I don't think so.  It has never been noted by
>any of our resident capologist, nor by the media type who keep up with and

As I've mentioned several times on the list, we waived Dino, then bought out
his contract. The contract no longer exists. It was completed, terminated,
whatever term you want, by the buyout. That's the main reason we bought him
out -the dollar savings wasn't that big. He is currently on our cap relative
to the terms of the buyout NOT the original, longer term contract. As such,
he remains on our cap for the year of the buyout when he was still under
contract to the Cs (for part of that year, albeit a brief one). Pitino spoke
of this at the time it happened, as has Chris Wallace more recently on WEEI.

>I question the info, as this report also has Edney as a FA in 1999, which
>isn't technically true, except that there might be a team option in 1998.

This is from a Cs FA review posted to the Cs ng by a usually extremely
reliable source. So I didn't research it further, although I will. I will
note that any talk of dumping Edney I've heard has been in terms of waiving
him, and he's have to still be under sontract for us to need to do this.

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net