RE: LockOUT!

> Players who are under contract have a personal services contract.
>  You can't
> force them to perform, but they can't go elsewhere and play.  The
> players are
> members of the Union and the owners have the legal right to lock them out.
> Therefore, they are not released from their contracts.

Oh well. So much for that idea.

> The players are no better than the owners.

I dispute that. I watch basketball to see the players not the owners. Since
the players render the service I pay for, I consider them "better" than
owners when it comes to the distribution of money.

>  Who's going to decide
> how much you
> get paid, Latrell Sprewell?  What chaos would result.  The agents
> would end up
> running such a league and that's what they want anyway.

Maybe but the owners wouldn't be involved so there would be more pie to go
around.

>But in
> the end that
> would backfire on them as well.

> Who's going to pay for the
> salaries, arenas
> etc.?

TV deal? Michael Jordan?

> No way the players could pull it off.

Probably not. Still wishful thinking though.

>  And oh yeah, they'd
> have to pay
> for their own hotels and transportation etc.  How much do the
> players get for
> those benefits too!  And what about refs?

Logistics aren't that hard to deal with. Lot's of people have experience in
those fields.

> That won't work.

Wishful thinking.

Noah