Re: LockOUT!

Dan Forant wrote:

> Good, it's about time the NBA got it's act together. Let's keep focused
> here. I don't care what other sports leagues do. I mainly like round ball.
> First and clear, I'm a company man, been self employed most of my working
> life and love it, why? Profits.
>
> The owners say their devoting 57% of income to salaries. Average player
> makes $2.2 mil. Not bad. With 15-28 teams showing red ink, you can see
> where the league is headed. Owners want a real salary cap and to lengthen
> rookies contract terms. I for one am sick of labor whining. If these
> players can't make enough dough, get a real job. It's become a joke. Ticket
> prices have become a joke.
>
> "The NBA has had enormous growth, globally even," said Atlanta forward
> Tyrone Corbin, a member of the union's executive committee. "The players
> just want their fair share."
> BULL.
>
> "There are ways the wealth can be redistributed and still pay players
> market value," agent Strickland said. "But why should the employees be
> forced to manage the owner's problems?" It's simple dummy, if the owner of
> a team is losing green, the players also suffer. GM employees are finding
> that out the hard way. It's called consolidation. The NBA is too big
> anyway, can't support teams w/quality players anymore. Losing a few teams
> would only help.
>
> "All I know," said Corbin, "is basketball was a lot more fun when I didn't
> know about the business side of it." He still doesn't!!
>
> Will management hold fast, I doubt it. Probably just posturing. It will be
> a ball laughing at the players making $4-8mil that can't dribble, rebound,
> pass, or even run in some cases.
>
> GO OWNERS. Except for the Celts rebuilding, I could miss a season of
> mediocrity without a blink. Some have been saying the Chicago, Utah series
> was fabulous, are they kidding, talk about incompetence.

Hooray for Dan Forant! A clear minded thinker on this lockout garbage.

I couldn't agree more with him, everything he said is right on target. I
can't wait for the day that these 2.2 mill.average, Mercedes driving,
jewelry wearing whiners/players and their wives start applying for
welfare and you know that the day will come. Those players with child
support payments and/or alimony payments will stiff their
responsibilities and all of a sudden we will have a bunch of players
join the Greg Minor (I have an excuse) club. Don't we all know that this
is coming. For those who would like to have the teams open their books,
it is none of the players God damn business, they are just payed
employees and besides as the old saying goes (FIGURES LIE & LIARS
FIGURE)any way. I may get flamed for this by some of the (shall I say)
redistribution of wealth leaners that may be on this list but the Owners
have a right to make profit on their investment. How can anyone feel
sorry for an employee in any business who makes that much money, I am
sorry but this whole I only want my FAIR SHARE situation is just mind
blowing. Owners by definition have a right to be greedy and employees by
definition and are not happy in their profession have a right to look
for another line of work. This won't happen though, since most of these
players probably can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
Regards,
Hart