RE: Celtics/NBA Notes - June 1, 1998

What about this idea.

 Move Walker for David Robinson.  2's 3's & 4's are easy to find,  but top
notch big men and points are scarce.

Then

Move Kenny Anderson for a 3 or 4 , draft a Nowitski & a Miles Simon or
Bryce Drew,   and go after Marbury

or

Sign Tom Guggliotta .  Draft a Nowitski or Lee Nailon and a Simon, Drew or
 a guy like Bennett Davidson who reminds me a lot of Rodman on the boards
but less of a head case.

Guggliotta's number are comparable to Walkers.

On Monday, June 01, 1998 4:03 PM, Witch [SMTP:witchcraft1998@hotmail.com]
wrote:
>                      Possible Trades
>
> The gap between the have's and the have-not's may increase in the
Atlantic
> Division, as Peter Vecsey reports in a recent column that Pat Riley plans
to shake
> things up in Miami this summer.  He's "offered Voshun Lenard and either
PJ Brown or
> Jamal Mashburn for Latrell Sprewell."   Vecsey's response: "I can't
envision the
> Warriors doing better than that."   Other deals are also in the works, or
at least
> that's what Riley hopes is the case, as the NY Post columnist notes,
Riley has
> "offered to package Mashburn and Brown for Glen Rice and other
goodies..." but that
> deal doesn't appear likely to happen.  One that could occur is Elden
Campbell to
> Orlando for Horace Grant.  Vecsey seems to think, that deal makes a lot
of sense for
> both clubs.
>
> On the free agent front, if the Ricktator wants to pursue Corliss
Williamson instead
> of Matt Geiger, he's going to have to contend with Sacramento who doesn't
want to
> lose him, and Houston who may make Williamson their top priority, now
that it looks
> like Rod Strickland may re-sign with the Wizards.
>

>                       Pitino's Real Big Man
>
> When all is said and done, the best free agent center available to the
Celtics may be
> 7-8 North Korean Michael Ri, who in a recent game against a Chinese team
scored
> fifty.  Ri, who's favorite player is Michael Jordan, has been called a
George Muresan
> with "skills."  Unfortunately, it looks like Orlando may have the "inside
track" on
> signing him, when he eventually receives from the U.S. State Department,
the right to
> be gainfully employed in America.  Any team trying to sign him at the
present time,
> would be, as Peter May mentioned in Sunday's Boston Globe, in violation
of the
> "United States' Trading With The Enemies Act."  But a waiver may be on
the way.
> One thing not in his favor, is his age, as at 28, he'd be an old rookie.
>

>            Peter May's Consensus Top Five Picks In The Draft
>
> 1. LA Clippers: Mike Bibby
> 2. Vancouver Grizzlies: Paul Pierce
> 3. Denver Nuggets: Michael Olowokandi
> 4. Toronto Raptors: Raef LaFrentz
> 5. Golden State Warriors: Antawn Jamison
>

> Peter May On An Unexpected Complication To The Celtics Signing Matt
Geiger

> "We hear that Matt Geiger may have told his housekeeper in Charlotte to
forward his
> belongings to Boston.  Hmm.  Now, here's a potential fly in the
Geiger-to-Boston