Re: Bigger messups

During the Championship years we had KC Jones coaching us (I'm sure you
probably know this but I don't want to assume) and he left in the 1988
season and handed an aging but still good team over to Jimmy Rodgers (look
in Celtics history books under: "egotistical jerk"). We lost Len Bias, our
incredibly talented 1987 first round draft pick, to a suspicious cocaine
overdose (see in Celtics history under "beginning of the end"). and
subsequently had a rough season. Many believe Len Bias was talented enough
to switch with Larry, which would have taken the burden off his back (no pun
intended).

Rodgers didn't get along with Ainge, who was taking too many risky shots,
but our ranks were depleted due to injury and he was just trying to save a
sinking ship. Rodgers answer was to package Ainge and Brad Lohaus (who Larry
felt could be a good addition to the Celts) for Joe Kleine and ? (help me
out history buffs). Rodgers was fired a year later. If we hadn't lost Bias,
we would have had Bias, Ainge, Lewis, Mchale and Parish.

I think with some interesting moves in the early 90's (one of which being a
straight up trade offer in 1995 of Sherman Douglas for Christian Laettner; I
beleive ML Carr didn't want to make it because he was a head case in
Minnesota. All-Star in Atlanta, head case in MN and we didn't take it.
AAGGGHHHH!!!!!!!), we wouldn't be in the position we're in. Just a little
bitter pill Celts history for you.

To answer your literary question: There is an autobiography of Larry Bird,
written with one of the Globe columnists; The Banner Years; and if you want
to see the greatest Celtic in action, there's a great video called "Larry
Bird: Basketball Legend."

Here's definitely hoping we win big tomorrow. Cheers.

Scrod.