Re: Bigger messups

>Rodgers didn't get along with Ainge, who was taking too many risky shots,
>but our ranks were depleted due to injury and he was just trying to save a
>sinking ship. Rodgers answer was to package Ainge and Brad Lohaus (who Larry
>felt could be a good addition to the Celts) for Joe Kleine and ? (help me
>out history buffs).

Ed Pinckney.

 Rodgers was fired a year later. If we hadn't lost Bias,
>we would have had Bias, Ainge, Lewis, Mchale and Parish.

I don't think we would have missed a beat.  We'll never know, but it is
hard to imagine Bias being anything other than a very, very special NBA
player.

>I think with some interesting moves in the early 90's (one of which being a
>straight up trade offer in 1995 of Sherman Douglas for Christian Laettner; I
>beleive ML Carr didn't want to make it because he was a head case in
>Minnesota. All-Star in Atlanta, head case in MN and we didn't take it.
>AAGGGHHHH!!!!!!!)

I can't believe this offer was ever on the table (at least from the
T'Wolves perspective).  It just couldn't have been.  Although I remember
arguing in vain on this very list that acquiring Laettner would be a good
idea, because I thought the "head case" rap was a bunch of garbage.  But I
refuse to believe that anyone would have been so foolish as to not trade
Sherman Douglas (who we later dumped for Todd Day, who we later just
dumped, I believe) for Christian Laettner.  Although we are talking about
ML Carr...

Matt